1. Right-click on an empty area on the desktop. You’ll see a menu. In the menu, select New, and then Shortcut.
2. Click on Shortcut. The “Create Shortcut” Wizard will pop up.
3. Where it asks you to type the location of the item, type the following:
shutdown -s -t 05
here 00 is the time in seconds. it means system will shutdown with in 5 seconds . we can increase or decrease this time as per need.
4. Click on Next and a screen will ask you what you would like to name your shortcut. Name it anything. “Shut Down”. Now click Finish.
5. we are done.
1. for reboot type this in 3rd step —- shutdown -r -t 00
2. for logoff type this —- shutdown -l -t 00
3. for hibernate type this —- %windir%\system32\rundll32.exe PowrProf.dll, SetSuspendState Hibernate
4. for Stand by type this —- %windir%\system32\rundll32.exe PowrProf.dll, SetSuspendState standby