Now to make this bootable USB memory stick (Window 7 install) you will need at least one Windows 7 DVD 32bit or 64bit depending on what version you want to install and a blank 4gb USB or PENDRIVE.
1. Insert the Windows 7 DVD into your computer and the USB or PENDRIVE into your computer.
2. Open an “Command Prompt” and run “DISKPART”.
This will open a diskpart in separate window.
3. Type “LIST DISK” and take note what the disk number is of the USB or PENDRIVE. Check the SIZE column to know about your pendrive.
4. Then type “SELECT DISK Y” where Y is the disk number of the USB.
5. Type “CLEAN” ( This will clear all data from the USB or pendrive).
6. Type “CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY”.
7. Type “SELECT PARTITION 1”.
8. Type “ACTIVE”
9. Type “FORMAT FS=FAT32” and wait for 10 minutes or more depending upon the size of pendrive or usb.
10. Type “ASSIGN”.
11. The auto play window will now appears. Take note of the drive letter (e.g. G:\ ) and close this window.
12. Type “EXIT”.
13. At the command prompt type “xcopy E:*.* /s/e/f G:” where E is the drive letter of you DVD and G is the drive letter of your USB.
14. Now wait until it copy boot.wim and install.wim on to USB or PENDRIVE.
15. When xcopy is finished run “del G:\sources\ei.cfg” from the command prompt and your Windows 7 Bootable USB or PENDRIVE is ready for use. You can now either boot from the USB or just run setup.exe from the drive to start the install process.
This is how one can install window 7 through usb or pendrive.